Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Thursday, 8 January 2009
Every woman can make the most of her looks by learning the tricks of the trade, overcoming particular beauty problems and perfecting a look that really suits her. Every woman is different, but by analysing what works for you, you'll save yourself time, money and effort while looking better than ever have before.
What is skin?
Skin is your body's largest organ covering every single surface of your body. Every woman can have beautiful skin no matter what her age, race or colouring. The secret is to understand how your skin functions, and how to treat it correctly.
Your skin is a sensor of pain, touch and temperature, offering protection and a means of eliminating waste.
Your skin can cleanse, heal and even renew itself.
Skin is a barometer of your emotions. It becomes red when you're embarrassed and quickly shows the signs of stress.
The condition of your skin is an overall sign of your health. It reveals stress, a poor diet and a lack of sleep. Taking care of your health will benefit your skin.
TYPES OF SKIN:
Toners and astringents
Among these creamy cleansers should be a top priority for drier complexions, as they cleanse a nd nourish at the same time. Ordinary cleansers aren't usually sufficient to remove stubborn eye make-up, which is why these products are so useful. If you wear water proof mascara check that the product you use is designed to remove it.
Healthy skin is really one of the most important ingredients for beauty-enhancement. Knowing your skin type is one of the most important skin care tip. This is important because not every skin care product suits everyone. Cleanse your skin regularly (1-2 times everyday). A very effective skin care tip that helps in getting rid of the dirt and other harsh elements from your skin. This skin care tip also advocates the use of Luke warm water for cleansing (hot and cold water, both, cause damage to your skin). Be gentle, after all it’s your skin. Don’t scrub/exfoliate too hard or too often. Similarly, don’t apply too much or too many skin care products. A must-to-follow skin care tip. Keep your skin moist at all times. Avoid the use of soap on your face. Soap should only be used from below the neck.
You can add a few extra treatments in addition to the above products for your skin.
FACIAL SCRUBS AND
OILY SKIN APPROACH
This skin type usually has open pores and an oily surface,with a tendency towards pimples,black heads and a sallow appearance. This is due to the over-production of the oliy substance called sebum by the oil glands in the lower layers of the skin.The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types. Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness. They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhoea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of natural oils. Avoid skincare products that leave your skin feeling taut and dehydrated. They cause the upper layers of the skin to shrink. This restricts oil flow through the pores leading to blockages and breakouts. To cleanse oily skin, use oil-based products as they dissolve sebum effectively. Opt for oil-free moisturizers to maintain a shine-free complexion. Keep your skin very clean. Limit washing your face to two or three times a day. Too much washing will stimulate your skin to produce more oil. Choose your cleanser with care. Avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with a water rich in minerals, not tap water. Do not use cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. After cleansing, apply a natural oil-free moisturizer to keep the skin supple. Use hot water when washing your face. Hot water dissolves skin oil better than lukewarm or cold water.
TIPS FOR OILY SKIN
- Puree 1 egg white, 1-tsp. Lemon juice, 1-tsp. Mint and ½ cucumber and apply it on the face for about 15 minutes.
- A facemask of tomato, lemon juice and oats must be applied on the cheeks, forehead and chin. Scrub your face with warm water. This home remedy for oily skin is ideal for blemishes
- A puree of fresh tomatoes works wonders on oily skin
- Take a diet that is rich in proteins, with plenty of leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
- Restrict sugar and high-fat foods and junk food
- You can use an antiseptic day cream before applying makeup to oily skin.
- Choose cosmetic and facial care products specifically designed for oily skin
- Use oil-free moisturizers for a shine-free complexion.
- Use concealer to hide blemishes and spots
- Loose powder can keep you looking fresh all day long and absorb the excess oil too. Most women with oily skin cant do without this makeup item. Powder blushes work well on oily skin than cream blushers
- Try using a clay or mud mask. If you have sensitive skin, use white or rose-colored clays.
Use a light antiseptic night cream from time to time if you wish, and apply a clarifying mask one or two times a week.
- To clear away excess oil, use a clay or mud mask. Blend together well 1 teaspoon green clay powder and 1 teaspoon raw honey. Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eye area. Leave it on for fifteen minutes, then rinse well with lukewarm water. Do this at least three times a week--or more
NOURISHING CARE FOR DRY SKIN
If your skin tends to feel one size too small, its a fair bet you've got a dry complexion. Dry skin looks dull and life less due to lack of moisture. Well hydrated skin glows and exhibits a healthy look. Wrinkles develop at an early age due to prolonged dryness of skin. Dry, rough and wrinkled skin gives an aged appearance. Dry and cracked skin harbor microbes and cause fungal infections and too little moisture in the upper levels of skin.
CARE FOR DRY SKIN
The condition of dry skin can be aggravated by over-use of saop, detergents and toners. It is also affected by exposure to hot sun, cold winds and central heating.Hence a proper care should be taken to increase the moisture level of skin and prevent drying. Soft, smooth and wrinkle free skin gives young and healthy look. Nourish dry skin to keep it as soft and suppple as possible.
- Do not use hot water to cleanse dry skin.
- Avoid using harsh soaps and face washes as they remove natural oil that protects your skin.
- Use a soft cotton cloth and pat dry your skin. Do not rub the skin with harsh, rough textured towels.
- Instead of washing with water use a clean sprayer to moisten your skin. Use mineral water instead of tap water for spray. Lightly pat dry the skin.
- Pamper your skin by massaging with moisturizer. Moisturizer increases the moisture of upper layer of skin and makes it soft and smooth.
- Choose a creamy cleanser which will melt away dirt and make-up from the surface of your skin. It's essential to ensure your skin is really clean. Leave the cleanser on for a few minutes for it to work, before sweeping it away with a cottonwool (cotton pad). Use gentle upward movements to prevent streching the skin and encouraging lines.
- Regularly massage your body with herbal oil
- Herbal oil softens and sooth the dry skin and help to trap the moisture between skin pores
- Apply a thin layer of coconut oil before finishing the bath and pat dry the skin
- Avoid alcohol-based cleansers.
- Consume a balanced diet which includes foods from all groups like vegetables, fruits, carbohydrates, cereals, milk and milk products. Include yellow and orange vegetables like carrot which have rich anti oxidants
- Keep yourself warm in dry cold climates.
- Do not sit near fire place.
- Always consume fresh warm food with little fat like ghee or olive oil. Include sour and salty food in diet.
- Drink 7-9 glasses of warm water everyday.
- Sweet juicy fruits are recommended.
- Mix egg yolk, rose water lime juice, olive oil and orange juice (1 tea spoon each) thoroughly. Apply a smooth mixture of this ingredient on your face in morning and wash it off after 20 minutes A face mask of honey, egg, olive oil and rose water works very well for dry skin
- Do not use harsh soaps, cold cream, or cleansing creams on your skin. Cleansing creams are made from hydrogenated oils, which can cause free radical damage to the skin, resulting in dryness and wrinkles. Instead, use pure olive, avocado, or almond oil to cleanse the skin. Pat the oil on, then wash it off with warm water and a soft cloth.